Friday, September 28, 2007

The Best Drink Ever!


Cassis a L'eau
(original recipe from Barefoot Contessa http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,1977,FOOD_9936_31987,00.html )

This drink was so good! I saw Ina make it on Barefoot Contessa and couldn't resist trying it that same night...I am a sucker for drinks made with raspberries or currants! It was so refreshing and absoulutely delicious. It reminds me of a drink called Ribena that my sister and I used to drink when we were children in England. Maybe that's why I like it so much!

My modified recipe:
1 ounce of creme de cassis (blackcurrant liquer)
fresh chilled water
ice cubes
fresh raspberries

Put ice cubes in a glass (I used a Riedel "O" wine glass and it was a good size), and pour in the creme de cassis, add water to taste...approximately 3/4-1 cup. Garnish with a few fresh raspberries Enjoy!

I you need even more reasons to try this drink, check out this link http://www.theartofdrink.com/blog/2006/01/creme-de-cassis-may-benefit-your-mental-health.php

No comments: