Saturday, August 18, 2007

Exceptions to Every Rule...


I have to admit, I am a bit of a purist when it comes to food. I usually don't go for anything that's been made from a boxed mix. As a rule, I like things made from scratch from all natural ingredients...however, rules are meant to be broken and I certainly break my rule for this cake. You might as well throw out all your recipes for lemon cake as you will never need or want another one!


Lemon Bundt Cake

4 eggs
3/4 cup sugar
1 cup apricot nectar
3/4 vegetable oil
1 pkg. Duncan Hines Lemon Supreme cake mix
2 lemons
1 cup powdered sugar

1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Beat eggs well with a hand mixer, add sugar-beat, add apricot nectar-beat, add oil-beat, add cake-mix and beat at a medium speed for 2 minutes until all lumps are gone.
3. Put in greased bundt pan. Bake for 50 minutes.
4. Grate lemons and squeeze juice. Mix with the powdered sugar and let stand.
5. Remove cake from oven and let cool on a rack for 10 minutes.
6. Transfer to serving plate and slowly drizzle lemon glaze over the surface.